Registration is open for the 2016 Juniors Spring Rowing Season. All high school level athletes interested in continuing their training through the spring should register as quickly as possible.
- Mon, Mar 7-Fri, Mar 18 - Preseason Boot Camp
- Mon, Mar 21-Sun, Jun 12 - Regular Season
- M/T/W/Th/F - 4:15 pm-6:15 pm
- Cost - $350 (An additional regatta stipend of $35 is also required.)
- Pay online or mail check to Litchfield Hills Rowing Club PO Box 42 Litchfield, CT 06759.
- Regatta Dates
- Apr 24: Cooper Cup (Cooper River, Camden, NJ) - CANCELLED BY REGATTA ORGANIZERS
- May 7: Mayors Cup Regatta (Seekonk River, Providence, RI)
- May 21-22: USRowing Northeast Youth Championships (Lake Quinsigamond, Worcester, MA)
- Jun 10-12: USRowing Youth National Championship (Mercer County Park, West Windsor, NJ) *
A main goal of the club is to introduce area youth to the sport of rowing. The high school rowing program combines two schools: Wamogo Regional High School and Litchfield High School. The club sponsors these teams for a spring varsity crew team and a fall club crew program, the latter of which is open to any area high school athlete. Athletic directors in both schools provide stipends for coaching and transportation of the spring team, as well as their varsity letters. They compete in area regattas and races during both seasons. In addition, there is a summer program for introduction to rowing for junior high and high school aged youth, in addition to recreational rowing and competition level training for athletes up to the collegiate level, and a winter conditioning component.